Monday, June 24, 2019

If She's Wicked Review

If She’s Wicked Review:

There are a handful of authors that make me stop whatever project I am working on, authors whose works are so enthralling that I simply cannot wait to pick up their new book. I have a rule that I stay away from other books when I am writing, and normally, I stick to this rule.

However some authors demand a pause, even when I am at the very end of revisions for my upcoming book.

Amelia Hutchins is one of those authors. If you follow this blog, you’ve heard me mention her before. If you know me, then you have heard me talk about her books--A LOT. And if you are new to both me and the blog, buckle your seat belt, I’m about to rave once more about Amelia Hutchins and how she always seems to surprise me.

Her new release, If She’s Wicked follows the tale of Erie, who is not a heroine. No, she is an anti-hero. She does not save the day. In fact, death and destruction are her playmates, and she uses them to destroy everything.

If She’s Wicked is a brilliantly written book with characters put in unusual circumstances. This book does not follow the normal pattern of characters meeting strife, battling and then reaching a happily ever after sort of end. Most of the pages are gut-wrenching, spine-twisting yet amazingly, beyond all belief, at the end you find yourself cheering Erie and her warpath. I have enjoyed all of Amelia’s books. Have I mentioned that I love her? Let me say it again. I love her books. However, If She’s Wicked is my absolute favorite. Hands down.



She’s a war I cannot win. She’s our salvation. 
Erie is the one creature that can save my race from dying out. The thing is, we broke her, but we broke the wrong parts. Now, the only thing that girl craves is revenge and a need to destroy with a rage that burns hotter than the fires of Hell. I’ve loved her longer than she has been alive. She’s in my veins, and this is one war I cannot afford to lose against her. 

He’s a battle I’m willing to fight. 
They say nothing worthwhile comes easy, that if you want something bad enough, you have to fight to get it. They’re idiots. They say love is a battlefield, and they were right about that, but this isn’t a battle of wills. It’s a battle to the death. 
He thinks I can be saved. I don’t want to be saved; I want to destroy everything and everyone that ever hurt me. I want the world to feel my pain, to taste my rage. I’m not their savior; I’m their damnation. I don’t want to be saved by him or his kind. I’m the War they won’t see coming until I’m on top of them, waging it against them. 
I am Erie, and I’m going to set the world on fire and walk through the ashes of those who have wronged me. 
Warning: Erie isn’t a hero; she’s the antihero in this story. 
This isn’t a love story. It’s a dark and twisted battle of wills and bare bones. They’re going to war against one another, and it will be brutal, chaotic, and beautiful. So if you’re not into dark re-telling of twisted love stories, this isn’t for you. Thank you for looking, but I’m an unapologetic author of alpha-holes and the women who fight back against them. I don’t believe in insta-love. I believe in putting them through hell and making them earn it first.

Check it out here.


No comments:

Post a Comment