Thursday, July 3, 2014

My Writing Process


Warning! Disaster impending!!

I have been punched, erm, I meant gently nudged by my author twin, Johi Jenkins at http://www.johijenkins.blogspot.com/, the brilliant author of The Thirst Within, Resurgence and Marguerette(Violet) Part 1 to take part in my first ever blog hop.

So here is the deal.  I am going to attempt to answer four questions about my writing, and then tag a few more authors to do the same next week.

1) What are you working on?

The Awakening series.  As of yet, this series, a tale of reincarnation, romance, and magic, is not available, but will be available soon.  Part one entitled The Priestess and the Warrior, is all finished and ready to go, and at the moment, I am deep into the first draft of Part two and have hope of completing it within the next month. 

I am very excited about this series as there is so much going on all at once which come together to tell one story of eternal love and familial bond.

2) How does your work differ from others of its genre?

It’s extremely ambitious.  The Awakening is my aim to tell several different stories, all at different time periods of the past, while at the same time, integrating the main story which occurs in current day.  Pinky, the main character of the series, is a college Freshman when the story begins, and we see her struggling to understand who she is currently while she remembers previous lifetimes with perfect clarity.

I never write in the same genre.  My previous series, The Dark Light Saga, is a dark romantic thriller. 

3) Why do you write what you do?

I always feel like there is another story to tell, and there always seem to be characters whispering almost undetected in the darker recesses of my mind just longing to jump out onto paper so that others can read about them. 

And sometimes I want to share about the things I love, and the easiest way to do that is to create a story around those things.

4) How does your writing process work?

Well, brace yourself.  I still write everything out longhand before my fingers ever begin striking the keys at my laptop.  I wish I could tell you that I’m super organized and have clear concise outlines or at the very least note cards, but actually, I touched with the gift of "scattered organization".  I write outlines and little notes on anything and everything, whatever happens to be in my way at that moment, and then I stuff them into whatever spiraled notebook I’m scribbling in right then.   Also, on the margins of all my notebooks are words or thoughts that I want to incorporate along with indecipherable doodles and song lyrics to whatever I happen to be listening to as I write.   It’s a wonder I ever get anything written and more amazing that I never stop writing.   

Well, there are my four questions!  That wasn’t too terrible.  Did anyone fall asleep?  Need a tissue for the drool?  Bored to tears?

Now, it’s time to tag other amazing authors.  They will be answering the same questions next week.  Make sure to check out their blogs and their works. They are fantastic authors!

1) Victoria Holt at http://vlholt.blogspot.com/, author of the young adult series Rise of the Battle Bred: 97 and the upcoming and greatly anticipated 98. I have spent hours laughing with Victoria as we share our writing woes, namely refusing to allow life to interfere with our writing. 

2) W. L. Wilmot at http://thelifeandtimesofabrokenperformer.blogspot.com/.Writer of dark fiction and haunting poetry. He is working on a super secret project which I’ve had the pleasure of sneak peaking. If you are one of my Dark Light Saga fans, you will love W. L.’s writing.


Check them out next week!!!

1 comment:

  1. I love that your characters WHISPER to you! I enjoy your blog very much, your point of view. Thanks for sharing the other two authors, as well. I will be checking out their writing styles soon. It was interesting reading about your "process". Good luck in all your future writing accomplishments!

    ReplyDelete