Friday, December 27, 2019

A Wild Animal Loose in the House - Short Story Friday

Short Story Friday! Today, a Christmas Poem by Elizabeth L. Lemons. Enjoy!



A Wild Animal Loose in the House
By: Elizabeth L. Lemons

It was the night before Christmas 
And all through the house
Were remnants of spillage
Nog all over my blouse
For while I was chilin’, 
Feet up by the fire
A deer crashed the window
Wearing sleigh-bell attire
He stomped and he slipped 
He knocked pie to the floor
He licked it all up
Then looked to me, wanting more
Being pregnant, I moved slow
But tried to reach a broom
Ripping apart a pillow
White feathers he consumed
I coaxed and I yelled
I pleaded and I cried
While shaking straw broom
My pleadings still denied
When suddenly, on the lawn
My husband arrived home
He walked through the door
While this beastie still roamed
With one powerful yell
Hubbie threatened with all might
Get out of my house, deerie
Or there will be a great fight!  







No comments:

Post a Comment